I have a heap of views about journalism. For example, I do think that journalism is an important part of a healthy democracy. However, on my view, not everything that passes as journalism, succeeds at being journalistic. Indeed, on my view, journalism is a variety of public relations. 1
Posts on the topic of journalism
- All communication...
- Question and answer on journalism and other forms of writing
- News media is a species of public relations
- The state of hyperlinking in news reports
- The best journalism is a kind of advocacy
- The context is climate change
- The absence of hyperlinks in journalism, part two
- "Digital journalism" and the absence of hyperlinks
- Andrew Coyne: instance of racism #3
- Andrew Coyne: instance of racism #2
- Andrew Coyne: instance of racism #1
- Andrew Coyne dismisses multiple allegations of racist writing
- The social relevance of journalism
- Dinosaur journalists and Idle No More
- Understanding bias
- The veil is "hideous", "odious"
- The mystery of the 'secret canadian bank bailout'
- Toshiba supports the National Post public relations campaign obfuscating climate change
- Public relations defense of Conservative policy
- The significance of the news brand
- Why Brigette DePape is more thoughtful than David Akin
- Struggling to form an analysis: is liberalism dead?
- Challenges for the modern journalist
- Hey, Calgary Herald, you suck on climate
- Some public relations, that is not recognized as journalism, is more journalistic than some news reporting. ↩